A vitamin deficiency will result in bad health
“Vitamins are essential, because without them people will suffer ill health or even death. Since vitamins are defined as being indispensable, they are all, in a sense, equally important”
Source – Vitamin C : The Real Story, S Hickey, Ph.d , A.W. Saul, Ph.d, Basic
Take a journey to good health and high energy by ensuring your nutrition includes essential vitamins. Natural healing that works.
Malnutrition due to vitamin deficits
Diseases Of Malnutrition – acknowledged by the medical profession and the government. Verified by science
- Pellagra – symptoms start with fatigue and depression and can grow to dermatitis, diarrhea, psychosis, dementia and death. The cause is a deficit of the B vitamins and iron
- Arthritis – joint pain and swelling and loss of bone mass. Leads to fine and large fractures. Cause is a deficit of vitamin C, vitamin D and calcium and magnesium. Low energy, fatigue and depression are also symptoms.
- SAD – seasonal affective disorder or depression. Caused by a vitamin D deficit especially during the winter and spring. Depression and fatigue is a result of a vitamin D deficit plus loss of bone mass and arthritis.
- Scurvy – the body is unable to make collagen to repair itself. Loss of teeth, joint, function and bleeding via damaged arteries and blood vessels. This can be undiagnosed at first until the symptoms become worse. It initially is fatigue, pain and lack of energy. The cause is a deficit of vitamin C which prevents the body from repairing itself and in particular the manufacture of collagen – required for body repair and cell replacement. A vitamin C deficit causes degeneration of the heart, arteries and veins plus the sinews, muscles and joints.
- Rickets. A disease that affects children in the main. A deficit of vitamin D, vitamin B, magnesium and calcium causes fragile bones and deformation of the bones.
- Beriberi. The disease of beriberi is caused by a deficit of vitamin B1 – thiamine. It manifest as heart disease and neurological problems involving uncoordinated movement and confusion.
- Arrhythmia – uneven heart beat. A deficit of magnesium cause muscle spasms including the heart muscles. Magnesium is used by every cell in your body and a deficit causes ill health – cramps and leg twitches are a symptom along with irregular heart beat. This causes stress on the cardiovascular system and loss of flexibility in the smooth muscle of the arteries.
- Osteoarthritis. This is a loss of both bone mass and strength. Your body needs vitamin D, Vitamin C and calcium to prevent the loss of bone mass which results in bone fractures and arthritis. Even the main stream medical industry recommends supplementation with vitamin D and calcium to prevent the loss of bone mass and strength.
- Selenium is an important mineral. It’s necessary for many processes, A lack of selenium may cause
- hypothyroid syndrome – not enough thyroid hormone is produced for proper metabolism
- cell replacement requires selenium
- reproduction – causes infertility. Farmers provide it as a supplement to stock to avoid this serious issue.
- protection from infection – the immune systems needs this element to work effectively
- skin problems
- depression and fatigue.
- Zinc is another key element needed by all cells in the body to function well and a shortage often manifests as skin problems.
- Hypothyroidism. The thyroid gland cannot produce enough thyroid hormone for the body to remain healthy. Symptoms are fatigue, depression and goiter. Prolonged deficit of thyroid hormone leads to malfunction of the immune system and lack of protection against infections both viral and bacterial. This can be cured with additional iodine plus vitamin supplementation with C, B complex, D and multivitamin and mineral supplementation.
- Dehydration. Most people do not drink enough water and are dehydrated. Without sufficient water the body cannot function properly and illnesses are the result. See the article on this site about proper hydration. Muscle and joint pains are one of the symptoms of dehydration. Dehydration causes morning sickness during pregnancy – the mohter needs to drink enough water for both her and the baby.
- Gum disease. Painful, swollen and bleeding gums. This is caused by a deficit of vitamin C and vitamin B and not just poor dental care.
There is growing evidence that malnutrition – a deficit of key vitamins and minerals – is a cause of serious illnesses including the ones listed above which have been acknowledged by government medical authorities.
Research has discovered that the herpes virus has been found to be a factor in causing artery damage in animals and birds.
There is no doubt that when the body is malnourished it is more susceptible to infections [ both viral and bacterial] and suffers from physical damage to cells and organs and structure.
Oxidation is simply the effect of oxygen reacting with matter. In our bodies it affects all of our cells. Its part of living however it can be reduced by taking anti-oxidants – vitamin C is a proven anti-oxidant.
Which essential vitamins do you need for good health?
How much should I take?
5 Essential Vitamins For Good Health
The key vitamins to take to maintain good health are :
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin D
- Vitamin E
- Vitamin B complex
- Vitamin A
How much should I take?
- Vitamin C. If you are well take a maintenance dose to support your immune system and fight off viral and bacterial invaders. The secret is to maintain a serum level of vitamin C, a level in your blood, for your body to use as required. Take three 1000 mg tablets. One in the morning, one at midday and one in the evening. Your body cannot store vitamin C and it needs to be topped up daily.
- Vitamin D is required daily. Take one 400 iu capsule daily.
- Vitamin E is required daily. Take one 400 iu capsule daily. Take the natural vitamin E – its more effective.
- Vitamin B complex is required daily. Take one capsule daily. Either B50 or B100.
- Vitamin A one 400 IU capsule daily
Vitamin C its role in your health and nutrition- natural healing that works
Vitamin C is a very efficient anti-bacterial and antiviral vitamin and it has no toxic side effects. Unlike other mammals we cannot manufacture our own vitamin C; we must take it to remain healthy. Vitamin C quickly reduces the effects of colds and flu. The secret is to use large quantities when you have a cold or the flu. Take 1000mg every hour while the effects of the flu or cold are present.
Vitamin C is needed by your body to repair and make new collagen. Collagen is a protein made by by your body and it is used to make the connective tissue we need to remain healthy and active. It is used to make the tissue of muscles, sinews and skin plus the tissue in joints, and the walls and smooth muscles of the heart and arteries and veins. In short all of the parts of your body need collagen to remain strong and function well.
If your body is short of vitamin C the effects on your health are major. Bleeding gums when brushing or flossing your teeth is one of the first signs. Smokers are usually very deficient and need constant supplementation to restore their levels of vitamin C. Gum and teeth problems also occur if your body is low on B vitamins. Take b complex for teeth and gum health.
Ruptures of arteries and veins are a side effect of a vitamin C deficiency. Refer to the symptoms and effects of scurvy.
Your immune system needs vitamin C to function effectively and combat invading bacteria and viruses. Your body needs it to renew your organs and cells; to grow cells to replace old ones.
Vitamin C is essential to help your body heal from injuries and operations. It speeds up healing and helps prevent infections. If you know someone with painful skin ulcers that will not heal then tell them to take vitamin C and B complex orally . When ill or injured take one 1000mg vitamin C tablet 5 times per day until well again.
Cats and dogs make their own vitamin C however if they are injured or sick you could supplement their intake – via water bowls – dissolve quarter of a 500mg tablet in their water.
It has been proven that humans also need vitamin C for the immune system to function properly and produce enough leucocytes to fight bacterial infections plus anti-bodies to fight viral infections. Vitamin C does reduce the symptoms of colds and flu – it has to be taken often and in sufficient quantities to be effective. At the first signs of a cold of flu take 1000mg of vitamin C and then every hour thereafter until the symptoms disappear. Keep taking the vitamin C for at least three days after the symptoms disappear because your immune system if probably still fighting the infection.
Vitamin D – the healthy bones and happiness vitamin
Unlike vitamin C your body can produce its own vitamin D.
The process requires sunlight on your skin for around 30 minutes per day. This vitamin is important to how you feel. At an adequate level you will have a good sense of well-being and feel generally feel good about things.
If you do not have enough you will feel tired, lethargic and even depressed. Life will be harder than it should be.
Most people do not get enough sunshine on their skin each day to manufacture enough vitamin D. This is even more of a problem in the winter.
People with dark pigmented skin need even more time in the sun to manufacture enough vitamin D. Their skin pigmentation effectively blocks the penetration of the sun to their skin.
It is necessary to take vitamin D daily to maintain a healthy level in your body. Most of us live inside all the time. In our homes, in our cars, at work, at school, on transport. When outside we cover up and or use sunblock to deflect sun rays from our skin.
Vitamin D is essential to maintain healthy bone mass, heal broken bones properly and reduce the effects of arthritis and osteoporosis. Go here for more details.
Vitamin E – great for your heart, arteries and veins
First you need to know that there are two forms of vitamin E.
A synthetic form – it is called DL- alpha-tocopherol. It is less expensive than the natural forms of vitamin E.
The natural form is more effective for maintaining your health. Go for the natural vitamin E referred to as natural mixed tocopherols – d-alpha-tocopherol – its been proven to be more effective.
Vitamin E is an antioxidant, its great for healing skin and it has a very good effect on your circulatory system – it has been found to help your body repair your heart, your arteries, view and capillaries. It’s great for people diagnosed with heart disease and other circulatory issues. It has no toxic side effects. You can take up to 800iu per day.
People who take it daily over a long period report that the colour of varicose veins lightens and then they begin to disappear.
It’s the best kept secret of the surgeons undertaking face lifts and other surgical procedures. It significantly prevents scarring after surgery so as to be almost invisible. The vitamin E is applied directly to the wound after it is sealed up by the surgeon along with dmso.
You can open a capsule of vitamin E and do this yourself to cuts once they seal over. It’s great for skin rashes and allergy related skin rashes including eczema.
It’s great for easing the discomfort of hemorrhoids. Apply it directly – open a vitamin E capsule to get it. Hemorrhoids are caused by being dehydrated. Drink a minimum of 6 to 8 glasses of water per day and your hemorrhoids will ease and then go away.
Take vitamin E. It’s great for your heart and skin.
Vitamin B complex – its great for your nervous system and cardiovascular system
Vitamin B complex consists of all the essential B vitamins. A deficiency of one of these B vitamins, or more will have a very negative effect on your health. These negatives include fatigue, dizziness, anemia, poor sleep cycle and more.
The B vitamins are water-soluble and thus you need to supplement with them to maintain adequate levels in your body. The one exception is vitamin B12. It’s stored in your muscles and tissues.
Some important applications of B complex vitamins are :
- Niacin – vitamin B3. Can restore good sleep patterns and has been found to be calming for children with behavioral problems. It has a positive effect on people who are depressed. It reduces bad cholesterols and increases the good ones. In combination with vitamin C it restores gum health and stops bleeding and gum recession.
- Vitamin B6 ameliorates PMS and when combined with selenium it greatly reduces the effect of endometriosis.
- B12 is a really important vitamin for everyone’s well being. Unlike the other B vitamins it is stored by your body. If you are deficient in B12 your body will not be able to make sufficient red blood cells and you will suffer anemia – low red blood cells count – which results in fatigue and other complications. Some people are unable to absorb vitamin B12 via their digestive system. They will be severely fatigued and depressed. They might have been misdiagnosed as having chronic fatigue syndrome. The solution is vitamin B12 injections on a regular basis.
- Heavy drinkers should take vitamin B complex to mitigate the negative effects of alcohol on their body and nervous system.
- Vitamin B3 has been proven to cure many forms of mental ill health and a deficit of B3 causes a range of health problems from fatigue, anxiety to dementia and delusions. Sufferers of pellagra disease, a vitamin B deficiency disease, were incorrectly diagnosed as mentally ill and were institutionalised. They were just suffering from a deficit of vitamin B3 and most were quickly cured!
Vitamin A is essential for your eyes to remain healthy.
It is also needed for your immune system to function well .
Vitamins Are Safe
No one has ever died from an overdose of vitamins. This is data from US poison control center annual data. See :
Doctor Yourself, pp372-374, AW Saul, Ph.d, Basic Health Publications,2013
“Over a twenty eight year period, vitamin supplements have been alleged to have caused the deaths of a total of 11 people in the USA.
A new analysis of US Poison control center annual report data indicates that there have, in fact, been no deaths whatsoever from vitamins… none at all, in the 28 years since such reports have been available.”
If anyone claims that someone has died from the effects of taking vitamins it is a lie.
A Deficit of Essential Vitamins =Poor Health
A daily intake of the essential vitamins will keep you healthy and energetic. Its natural nutrition and healing that works.
The majority of vitamins are water soluble and are not stored by your body so this is one of the main reasons why daily vitamins are essential for good health.
Its a small daily cost for good health and a fatigue free life.
The other necessary thing for your good health is to drink a minimum of 6 to 8 glasses of water per day. Click on the link below to go to a post on the importance of good hydration for good health.
This is a personal blog to inform visitors to this site of the key building blocks for good health.
Wishing you all optimum health and well being.
Vitamin C : The Real Story . Steve Hickey Ph.d, Andrew Saul Ph.d. Basic Health Publications, 2008
Doctor Yourself – Natural Healing That Works, Andrew W. Saul, Ph.d, Basic Health Publications, 2012
The Orthomolecular Treatment Of Chronic Disease ,edited by A W Saul, Basic Health Publications, 2014
The Journal of Orthomolecular Medicine., various articles concerning vitamins and nutrition
Niacin The Real Story, A.Hoffer M.D. Ph.D, A.W.Saul Ph.D, H.D. Foster Ph.d, Basic Health, 2012
Orthomolecular Medicine For Everyone, A Hoffer,M.D.,PhD, A. W. Saul, PhD., Basic Health, 2008
The Vitamin Cure For Depression, B.H. Jonsson, M.D., PhD, A.W.Saul ,PhD, Basic Health, 2012
How To Live Longer and Feel Better, Linus Pauling, Scientist and Nobel Prize Winner, Oregan State University Press, 2006